Friday, July 29, 2011

(day thirty-five & six) Carried to the table

Thank you everyone who made it out to the art show last night, it went awesome! I've been pretty busy getting everything ready for it, which is a big reason I didn't have a blog for yesterday. Thank you for being patient with me :)

I'm learning more and more that when you pray in God's will, God moves. I know God loves being talked about, worshiped, enjoyed and glorified (and not in the earthly conceited way we may assume). So... if we pray according to these things, we can rest assured it's His will. That's exactly why i love praying for divine appointments. I also pray that God will speak through me in a relatable way and that everything about the moment will glorify Him. Then there is no pressure, no agenda, and no planning... other than the preparation of my heart and theirs. Since it's His thing, He always takes care of all the details... yea, God is pretty cool like that!

I walked into the gallery last night expecting God to move in cool ways... and it was just one divine conversation after the next! One of my friends, who has a muslim background and is desperately searching for truth right now, asked me to pray for her. Afterward, she said..."Lindsey, your prayers worked!" Haha. She is on an amazing journey, and i'm so blessed to be apart of it. I love that God is not intimidated by our journey's! Then I got to hang out with another friend of mine who is also really searching for more to life. We've had many conversations about life, love and the source of it all. This guy knows a lot of high profile athletes as well as people all over the world... what an influence He has in so many lives. I'm excited to be a part of His continuing discovery, and i've been honored to learn so much from him too!

I got to talk to at least 10 others who were encouraged or inspired by my photos. Every one of them had some sort of spiritual connection and it always left for an open door for me to tell them about the love of my life! God moved in such a powerful way in that place last night. All we have to do is be available and make room for Him. There are a whole lot of people out there in the world waiting to be loved in a heavenly way. And here's the thing... I'm not any different than anyone else out there. I'm simply telling this story to encourage all of you to pray and look for these divine moments where God will give you every single thing you need to represent Him in a beautiful way. He's putting broken, lost, or hurting people in our path daily who are hungry for more. Do we see them? In the past i've been so focused on my own hurt, that i didn't see anyone else's pain. Then i finally realized there was no reason to continue to walk around like that because I had a heavenly heart doc that had already healed me; i just needed to step into that healing. Once I did, everything changed. When we know our value and worth it's a whole lot easier to see that in others, treat them well, and love them sacrificially. As God carries us to the banqueting table to feast on His goodness we are overwhelmed by His love and naturally desire to tell everyone about this love that's available and relatable to all!

B90: (Ezra 4:17- Neh 7:3 & Neh 7:4-Esther 4:17) Seems like there was quite a bit of fasting and praying in these books. I love the book of Nehemiah... probably my favorite part is when they are rebuilding the wall and "each labored on the work with one hand and held his weapon with the other" (Neh 4: 17) And truly believed, "Our God will fight for us." In everything that we do for the kingdom, there will be opposition. That's a given. We may not actually see it, but it's going on. Being aware of the spiritual battle that surrounds us is imperative, but knowing God will fight for us is even more eternally significant. We must remember that our armor is not supposed to collect dust in our closet, but to be worn every single day.

There is so much meat in Chapter 9 when the people confess their sin. I think i must have underlined, circled or starred pretty much everything. There is something magical that takes place when we recognize the state we currently find ourselves in compared to the magnificent glory of God. We suddenly realize our GREAT for Him. Then the result is complete FREEDOM to fully be who He's created us to be. Our praise and worship comes from a deeper place of gratitude and honor. We are acknowledging His goodness and responding to His love.

And just like Esther who was summoned by name to the King's courts because He delighted in her, so are you. He calls us all to His banqueting table and lavishes us with His love.

Here are lyrics to one of my favorite Leeland songs "carried to the table", thought it might be appropriate for this blog:


Wounded and forsaken
I was shattered by the fall
Broken and forgotten
Feeling lost and all alone
Summoned by the King
Into the Master's courts
Lifted by the Savior
And cradled in His arms

I was carried to the table
Seated where I don't belong
Carried to the table
Swept away by His love
And I don't see my brokenness anymore
When I'm seated at the table of the Lord
I'm carried to the table
The table of the Lord

Fighting thoughts of fear
And wondering why He called my name
Am I good enough to share this cup
This world has left me lame
Even in my weakness
The Savior called my name
In His Holy presence
I'm healed and unashamed

You carried me, my God
You carried me

No comments:

Post a Comment